The library currently has an opening for a Part Time Page at our Hibernia Branch. Please see the job posting below and feel free to contact the library’s Director Scott Davan at 973-627-2344 or firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions.
LIBRARY PAGE – Hibernia Branch Library
16 hours per week plus one Saturday and Sunday per month.
Mondays 9:30am – 5:30pm
Wednesdays 12:00pm – 8:00pm
Under supervision, records books or other materials into or out of the library system; returns books, materials and equipment to the correct location; does other related duties.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS OF THE JOB
- Returns books, materials and equipment to correct location.
- Checks and maintains shelves to ensure correct order.
- Organizes library materials for convenient access.
- Searches for misplaced books, materials and equipment.
- Charges and discharges library materials, and collects fines.
- Answers questions on library organization, policies and procedures.
- Informs individuals of library services and programs.
- Retrieves materials to fill patron requests.
- Performs other duties as assigned by management.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, ABILITIES
- Ability to deal tactfully and courteously with the general public and to maintain effective working relationships with other library staff.
- Knowledge of general vocabulary, spelling and standard English grammar.
- Basic computer usage knowledge.
- Ability to read with comprehension.
- Ability to learn to use the Dewey Decimal System. Knowledge of filing procedures.
- Ability to maintain established library records and files.
- Ability to follow oral and written orders, directions or plans.
- Ability to read, write speak, understand and communicate in English sufficiently to perform the duties of this position.
- Minimum of eighteen (18) years of age
- Rockaway Township Resident
- Familiarity with computers.
Please submit a resume, including cover letter, to Scott Davan, Library Director at email@example.com.
Rockaway Township Free Public Library
61 Mount Hope Rd
Rockaway, NJ 07866