The RT Library, the heart of our community, offers an innovative and engaging public environment as well as resources to support the cultural, intellectual, and lifelong learning needs of the Rockaway Township community.
The RT Library:
- Supports the community’s personal and intellectual growth.
- Collaborates with individuals and community organizations to meet residents’ library needs.
- Seeks to provide open accessibility to all library facilities and its Web site.
- Offers excellent and diverse collections and programs that respond to the changing community.
- Improves the library experience by providing modern facilities and engaging new technologies.
- Embraces innovation and change.
- Builds community support for the library by demonstrating sound stewardship.
The Library subscribes to the (ALA) American Library Association Library Bill of Rights.
2016-2018 Strategic Plan
Strategic Plan Overview
The Rockaway Township Free Public Library’s (RT Library’s) new strategic plan establishes a road map to guide investment in and development of the library for the next three years. This brief overview provides the essence of the library’s plan, in which library service programs will be strengthened and transformed in response to changing community demographics and needs.