(1954-1966) Mrs. Mary Adler founded the first library location in the cloakrooms of the Marcella Community Club.A second library location was also established at the White Meadow Lake Clubhouse. In 1966, the Marcella Community Club station moved to the Hibernia School.
(1968) The Township officially incorporates the Rockaway Township Free Public Library, and the White Meadow Lake Clubhouse became the first branch in September.The library owned 8,741 books, had about 500 registered borrowers and circulated about 15,000 books.
(1970) The Lions Club purchased the Holy Trinity Lutheran Church on Green Pond Road and donated the building as temporary housing until a municipal complex could be built.The building dedication took place in April 1970. This is the current location of the Hibernia Branch.
(1971) Rockaway Township Library expanded to 3 branches: Birchwood School, Green Pond Road (Church), and White Meadow Lake Clubhouse.
(1973) The Main Reading Room is dedicated to Walter Adler, who led the drive for the Rockaway Township library building.
(1981) In May, the new Rockaway Township Library opened its doors at 61 Mount Hope Road.The Holy Trinity Lutheran Church building on Green Pond Road was kept as the Hibernia branch for residents of the northern end of the township.
(1985) The Rockaway Township Library “Youth Center” is dedicated. The children’s book collection is shelved in this area.
(2002) In January 2002, Library Director Jeanette Cohn added Sunday hours at the library: 1pm to 4 pm from September through May weekly.
(2008) Rockaway Township Library celebrates its 40th Anniversary with a 1968 style party at the library on September 21, 2008.