About RT Library
The RT Library, the heart of our community, offers an innovative and engaging public environment as well as resources to support the cultural, intellectual, and lifelong learning needs of the Rockaway Township community.
The RT Library:
- Supports the community’s personal and intellectual growth.
- Collaborates with individuals and community organizations to meet residents’ library needs.
- Seeks to provide open accessibility to all library facilities and its Web site.
- Offers excellent and diverse collections and programs that respond to the changing community.
- Improves the library experience by providing modern facilities and engaging new technologies.
- Embraces innovation and change.
- Builds community support for the library by demonstrating sound stewardship.
The Library subscribes to the (ALA) American Library Association Library Bill of Rights.
Friends of the Library:
The purpose of The Friends of the Rockaway Township Free Public Library is to support the library and its patrons. It is a non-profit organization representing volunteers from our community. They raise funds to support the library by underwriting children’s programs, sponsoring adult programs, and purchasing items to enhance the library building and services. The Friends maintain a Book Sale bookcase at the library.
Membership is open to anyone interested in helping the library.
If you are interested in
becoming a Friend of the Library, please click here download a membership form . You can also pick up a membership form or make a donation at the library.
If you have any questions about the Friends, please feel free to call President Linda Zenkert at nine seven three nine eight three one four nine five or email her at lazenkert at gmail dot com.
The Friends meet at the library on the second Friday of the Month. Please click here to view the Library Monthly Events Calendar to see the actual date of the meeting.